Before and After of our Kitchen Transformation

One of my favorite transformations of #thehiddenhome has been our kitchen!
If you take out the cost of new appliances (ughhh) we only spent about $750.00 to update the kitchen. We painted the cabinets and island with Valapar Cabinet Enamel from Lowe's, installed a beveled subway tile backsplash here, installed rough cut cedar on the ceiling, painted the trim, installed a little crown molding,  and replaced the flooring.

My parents were a huge help to us on this project and I think it turned out just amazing! The hardest part was removing the wallpaper... I thought I would never want to look at another grape again! I'm thankful I found this product to help...we used this Wallpaper Remover from Lowe's. I highly recommend it. It's a concentrate you mix with water and it makes the job super doable.

The kitchen was completely finished in early June of this year and we have loved it so much. I love the large island and the functionality of how everything is set up.

Take a look at the before and after's with me and let's just appreciate the impact a little paint can have.


I had to do this side by side for you to truly be able to appreciate the difference! Ignore the massive dent on the fridge.. it was delivered that way and has now been replaced. 


 
New wall color is Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. Actually this color is on almost every wall in the entire house. I love how neutral it is. I am super thankful that we already had the granite to work with... I dream of a black granite on the main cabinets and a white marble on the island one day, but that can wait for now. Life is all about contentment.



This is our breakfast nook.. I am currently on the hunt for new chairs! Table is from Craigslist ($50.00!) and chairs were *$15.00* from a yard sale. I repainted them with white chalk paint and covered the seats with drop cloth fabric. This house has these amazing windows throughout.. definitely one of the features that helped me see beyond the wallpaper and want to make it our own. I don't have the heart to repaint the natural wood on the windows... yet.


Here is another view of the 'before.'


And now this hallway that leads to our powder room, laundry room, stairs and back door is turned into the perfect spot for a gallery wall/drop off zone! Love the way this turned out! I am constantly adding to this wall.. it's going to be a never ending project, I can tell.

Comments


  1. Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post!.

    lighting supplier China

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts