Farmhouse Christmas

I vividly remember last Christmas.. I will go ahead and say it, when it came to decorating, I was kind of a Grinch. I knew we were about to list our starter home to sell and would be looking for a new home soon. For some reason, knowing that, it took me a little while to get in the mood to get my house ready. I am happy to say this year has been MUCH different! I was so excited to get started, the tree has been up since before Thanksgiving!

We bought this house in March of this year and we have been full steam ahead on redoing every square inch of this place to make it ours. It had really good bones to start with but needed some love in the finishes and décor department. Think, lots and lots.. and LOTS of grape wallpaper. (I'll post before and after's soon.) This Christmas is actually part of what inspired me to start this blog. We are hosting our family here this year and we have been really excited and motivated to get a lot done in a short amount of time. You'll find a theme of red, gold, plaid, flocked trees, burlap, rustic, and more.
I'll post pictures below and try to point out where I found some of my good deals. Feel free to ask about anything you see.

I'm excited to invite you into our "Hidden Home" to take a little Christmas tour and hope you and yours enjoy the Merriest Christmas and a very happy and prosperous New Year!





We got a tiny bit of snow a couple weeks ago, so of course, I had to document the moment. That doesn't happen very often in Alabama! We kept everything outside pretty simple this year, just wreaths on the windows and door and lighted porch trees.


 
 We attempted one of the projector lights on the house but the rain ended up damaging it and it wasn't big enough to cover the house, we probably need 2 or 3 to make it work correctly.


New front door is on the wish list!



When you walk in the front door, this is the first thing you see. The fireplace immediately sold me on this house. I am seriously thinking about painting it white or possibly like a white wash? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. I want it to brighten up the room.  I got my stockings at Hobby Lobby and also have a matching tree skirt as well. The mirror is an antique that I removed off an old desk/vanity and I am so glad I didn't throw it away like my original plan. It has the best shape and curves and it truly brightens up the fireplace. The milk can came from Highway Pickers in Cullman, AL. If you have never been.. run, don't walk! You will not be disappointed!!!

Here are a few close ups so you can see better. :)





This is the pumpkin-vanilla candle by Swan Creek Candle Co. These are the most amazing candles, you don't even have to light them to make a room smell amazing. I have at least one (or two!) in every room in my house as well as the wax melts going in my warmer constantly. My favorites are Pumpkin Vanilla and Hazelnut. In the spring, I love Pineapple Vanilla. I buy these directly on their website or at Gibbs Gifts DBA Coker Berry in Arab, AL. My good friend, Heather,  runs this store and I can always count on her when I need a great gift in a pinch!



 I wanted to share these trees because I found them at a yard sale for $1!!! ONE DOLLAR.

And THAT is why I yard sale and go junkin' religiously.


This is a simple idea for you. I have 2 of these shutters with boxwood wreaths hanging on either side of the opening that connects my foyer and living room. I picked up these bows for very cheap at Wal Mart and tied them on for a little extra holiday décor. Wreaths were $11 at Ross! Great deal!

 
This space is our "comfy" living room. This is where we hang out, watch movies, and spend most of our down time while at home. Barn picture was on clearance at Hobby Lobby.


Of course, I have to decorate with my Magnolia Magazine!





Shot from the foyer



I found this guy at Cotton Belle in Attalla, AL. If you haven't been antiquing in Downtown Attalla, AL, you have to go! There are several stores that I frequent and always leave so happy and inspired.


Flocked tree with cranberries, plaid, red, gold, and burlap.


Here are a few of my favorite ornaments. The red "J" was a gift but I think it came from Jones Discount Pharmacy in Arab, AL. My hometown.. always love to shop local!


This beauty was gifted to me at a church ornament swap. It is from Belk.


This wood slice is from Cotton Belle in Attalla, AL.


This ornament came from our trip to Gatlinburg when we visited the Paula Deen Store.


My State <3.



Here are a few shots of Christmas in my kitchen.





Now moving on to the dining room, I had to share these antique wrought iron candlesticks I got for $6!!!


This hutch is one of my very favorite pieces!


Rug is from Target.




I scored this door for $40 at an antique store called Vintage 426 in Attalla, AL. It is so chippy and gorgeous!

And last but not least, my sweet girl by the tree and her artwork. 5 years old people.. I see a future Picasso on my hands!








Comments

Popular Posts